Senior Security Manager
Parsons is seeking a Senior Security Manager to serve as the Corporate Program Security Officer (CPSO) for a high dynamic government research and development (R&D) laboratory to support the execution and management of special access programs (SAP) at one of the Army’s premier R&D Centers of Excellence, C5ISR Center RTI RSID, at Aberdeen Proving Ground (APG), Maryland. The Senior Security Manager must be proficient and capable of executing duties pertaining to SAP personnel security, physical security, and information security.
The successful candidate will support a government managed R&D laboratory, working with a team of technical experts, to ensure that the lab and ongoing projects meet security and SAP requirements.
· Perform CPSO responsibilities and duties set forth in DoDM 5205.07 V1-V4, AR 380-381, AR 380-5, AR 380-49 and applicable Army and DoD security regulations.
· Create SOPs to implement the policies and guidance described in all applicable regulations for SAP and sensitive activities.
· Manage the transfers, acceptance, and shipping of classified material, equipment, and computer resources to/from the Lab.
· Support IA accreditation, security support to the IA and RMF processes.
· Manage a security education, training and awareness program to ensure all personnel are knowledgeable and compliant with all applicable administrative and security requirements, while assigned to, participating in, or supporting organization activities.
· Effectively manage all phases of an inquiry or investigation. Report the results of security incidents/violations, as required to leadership and Program Security Officer (PSO).
· Advise and represent the organization on matters related to the program guidance, decisions, policies, procedures, classification, downgrading, de-classification, and safeguarding of national security information.
· Prepare for inspections (conduct self-inspections), control access and access rosters, maintain classified accountability records, and conduct pre and post travel briefings for personnel going on foreign travel.
· Obtain and manage accreditations of facilities by executing Fixed Facility Checklists (FFC), Co-utilization Agreements (CUA), and Memorandums of Understanding (MOU).
· Coordinate initial access eligibility by collecting Personnel Security Questionnaires and submitting Program Access Requests using DISS and other SAP systems.
· Provide security support to the organization including passing program access visit notifications, vetting individuals, and receiving approved visit notifications.
· Coordinate and work directly with the government customers and government support offices, building management staff, and host security/facility managers for all facility related issues, special events, and operating procedures.
· Bachelor’s degree
· Ten (10) years’ experience working as a security specialist for a Government or Contractor organization with experience managing SAP, OPSEC, sensitive activities programs.
· Completion of the DSS SAP management course.
· Prior experience as a facility manager is a plus.
· Possesses experience implementing and managing security principles and government special security regulations such as the DoDM 5205.07 SAP Security Manual.
· Exceptional communications skills and pleasant, customer-oriented attitude are required.
· Ability to effectively work independently and as part of an integrated team is required.
· Must be proficient at multi-tasking give the dual nature of this position.
· Excellent MS Office skills are required.
· Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills are required.
· This position requires the selected candidate to hold an active Department of Defense TS/SCI level security clearance, which requires US citizenship while working in support of a government contract.
Please contact Andrew Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org